Thank you everyone who was able to attend - for a great meeting tonight. To summarize some of the things we are in need of (and please feel free to share this!):
1) Still looking for donations - either monetary or gift certificates to use for covering operating costs and as prizes for the events. We will advertise/promote for those donating. If anyone can check with local businesses, please do!
2) Music for the skate rink. If anyone has some type of music system that could be used to play music at the rink.
3) A large tent with sides on it for use as a warming tent - to house food vendors and tables/chairs. We have a 20x30 but need another one to put with it, or one large tent. (Last year they used a 30x50)
4) We are selling 50/50 tickets and will have raffles for sale at the event (buy tickets and put into the raffle can of your choice). We have an Adirondack ski chair (pic attached) that we are selling raffles for (both the day of and ahead of time at the Town Office).
5) We have openings for food vendors. Must be non-profits, first come first reserve for space inside the warming tent and for choice of items sold. Please contact me for more info.
6) People to help set up. Some set up will be done Friday afternoon - laying out area, putting up snow fence, etc. And more done Saturday morning starting at 8.
7) People to man the raffle table during the event.
8) Get the word out. We have posters available at the Town Office, we have a Face Book page and we are trying to spread the word to as many people as we can reach. Please help us make this a success by getting the word out!
Thank you to everyone that is helping with this! Reminder - we will be meeting again next Tuesday night at 6:00 at the Jay Town Office.