Jay Hill on Route 4 in Jay.
207-897-4876 for tour arrangements.
Open by appointment only.
Located on Rt. 4 at the top of Jay Hill, the Homestead includes a Federal style 1820 house with period furnishings. The Jay Historical Society oversee's the property and conducts tours by appointment.
On the second Saturday of August the Homesteads annual open house is held providing an opportunity for the public to view the displays in the property.
Music at the Gazebo
On summer evenings career and local performers provide music from the quaint covered Gazebo overlooking the Androscoggin River in Livermore Falls (right near the bridge on Rt 4). A variety of musical groups stage free performances from 6 p.m. until dusk. Folks are invited to bring their lawn chair, or sit in their vehicle and listen to performers. For more information, call the Town Office at (207) 897-3321 or visit www.lfme.org .
Jay Fireman's Museum
Situated across from the Holmes-Crafts Homestead off Rt. 4, the museum houses a restores 1936 fire truck made by McCann Fire Equipment of Portland mounted on a Diamond T chasis. Also a horse drawn hand pumper wagon, a hand pulled two-wheeled hose cart, and a variety of firefighting artifacts are housed at the museum. The Jay Fire Association oversees the museum. The collection can be viewed by appointment by calling (207) 897-3953.
Antique & Vintage Snowmobile Museum
Located on Rt. 4 in North Turner the Museum houses over 300 vintage sleds of all styles and sizes. During the winter months from December through March when the museum is open Saturday's from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The collection can be viewed by appointment at other time by calling (207) 224-8444. The Museum is sponsored by United Sports Trailer Sales.
Back to Top
Bigg Animal Museum
Located on Turner Center Road , in Turner. Open by appointment only, visit their "Bigg" Game trophy room filled with over 100 full-size animals. Call Dort or Meredith Bigg at 225-3223 for an appointment.
Turner Museum and Historical Society
Located in the Leavitt Institute Building , Turner Center Road , in Turner. Open Tuesday and Thursday 12:00noon to 5:00p.m. ; Saturday 9:30a.m. to 12:00noon. FMI call 225-2629 or 225-3622.
Natural History Club House
Located on Turner Center Road , in Turner. By appointment only. FMI call 782-5360.
Wilton Farm & Home Museum
Located on Canal Street in Wilton Village , the Museum houses a sizable collection of items from the early period of the G. H. Bass Shoe Manufacturing Company, along with memorabilia from its founder and other famous wearers of Bass shoes and boots. The Museum also holds and interesting Sylvia Hardy display, as well as a large display of antique bottles and glassware. The lower level of the museum holds antique farm tools and implements, along with a working forge where an area blacksmith can be seen at work.
The museum is open to the public Saturday afternoons from 1 to 4 p.m. in July and August. Tours are also done by appointment. To learn more about the museum, or arrange a tour call (207) 645-2091. The facility is operated by the Wilton Historical Society.
Red School House Museum
Formerly located on Rt. 4 in Farmington , the Museum building now stands at the Farmington Fairgrounds on High Street. The school house was built in 1852 and used for classes until 1958. The museum is now displayed as the original school house with some original desks, books, and memorabilia.
For more information on the Museum or to arrange a visit call (207) 778- 2835.
Nordica Homestead Museum
Located at 116 Nordica Lane in Farmington , the homestead is the birthplace of Lillian Nordica. Lillian was America 's first international opera diva, and the homestead contains memorabilia of her life and career.
For more information or to arrange a tour please call (207) 778-2042
Located at 118 Academy Street in Farmington , the Titcomb House is an 1840's Gothic revival cottage furnished with Titcomb family memorabilia including an antique doll collection.
For more information or to arrange a tour please call (207) 778-2835
Back to Top